The Wexford bus Android app is available for download from the Google Play store. You need to have Android version 4.1 Jellybean, or a more recent OS version, installed on your phone.
The app works best if current location services are enabled, but that’s not essential. We don’t log your location!
Here’s an overview of the map utilities:
After that, it should be pretty intuitive to use. Please note:
- Occasionally, a bus doesn’t broadcast its position. If you don’t see your bus on the map, assume it’s on time.
- When set to auto-reload, the bus positions update every 10 seconds.
- Due to unavoidable lag in the system, the bus may be 30 seconds ahead of where it is on the map. Don’t cut it too fine getting to the bus stop.
- The app cannot load new bus positions/timetables if accessing the Internet through a firewall, e.g., in a workplace.
- The Announcements page shows a live feed from the Wexford Bus Facebook page
If you have any questions/comments, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll try to get back to you within a day.